Monday, March 23, 2009

Welcome!

I have loved to write since my hand grasped its first primary pencil. The act of putting words to paper fascinated me. As my young hand became more adept, the written words began to flow as though by magic. Though the content was as immature as I was, I relished the process and creativity of putting my thoughts, ideas and dreams on paper.

Supporting this has been my lifelong love of books. Few things are more wonderful than being transported into a different world as you move through the pages of a book. Growing up, my favorite place was a library. Shelves upon shelves of knowledge, lives, stories, fantasies, and dreams were lined up ready for someone to open the pages and enter in. My young, fertile mind happily dove into these amazing realms.

Life interrupted my enthusiastic writing for a time. Raising two gorgeous daughters is a full time occupation, as those of you with children will likely agree. Though they are out on their own, they still lean heavily on "Mom" for support. Just because they are 26 and 27 doesn't mean they let me get far.

My husband and I live out in the countryside of Oregon, away from the noise and issues of city life, and we love it. We give thanks for it daily. We still work full time, commuting daily to our jobs, but the peace and tranquility of our new home has enabled me to return to my first passion. My husband has also taken advantage of our location to follow his passion - fishing!

Through these posts, I would like to share with you some thoughts, introduce you to fellow writing friends, and links to interesting sites. It will be an adventure.

I hope, as we make this journey together, you will also find the desire to make time for yourself. Give thanks for even the little things in life, for when we do, it is incredible how those little things multiply and become big. So, here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment