Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Wow! People Are Amazing

I started this blog on recommendation from many writers as a way to advance my writing skills as well as get possible exposure to veteran writers, editors and publishers. The other purpose of this blog is to share information that I have come across that has helped me grow. I believe in the importance of sharing knowledge, not hoarding it from others. The more information is shared, the better we all become.

As a woman writer, and even just as a writer, period, I have loved receiving my emails from WOW! Women on Writing or visiting their website at http://www.wow-womenonwriting.com/. They consistently introduce new writers, authors, publishers and editors. This site has been pivotal for introducing me to large numbers of other informative writing websites and blogs with the same focus as I have – to share information and improve my skills as a writer and person. Even if you are not a writer, there are many people through this site who share their passions, whether it is for cooking, children with disabilities, or many other areas of interest. I am consistently impressed by what other people are doing to improve the world around them. Check it out. You may be impressed, too. And if you have a story, submit it in their contests. Their contests are a great way to improve the quality of your writing skills.

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment