Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy New Year!

It’s a new year, at least as far as the calendar goes. Many people use this as a good starting point for making a change in their lives. I, for one, am looking forward to a new year filled with blessings of love, good health, family, friends, and joy.

I am always looking to lose a few pounds, or a lot, and exercise more. However, this year, I plan on building my freelance writing career and get at least one of my novels ready for publication. One of the things I did that will help me achieve this goal is signing up for a Freelance Writing course through WOW that will help me build my platform, develop a writing resume, and how to best contact possible clients. There is much that I don’t know about the business, so therefore, I’m taking a class to give me the tools I need to succeed. The other thing that I am doing is continue to keep writing on the novel I am currently trying to complete. It’s about three-quarters done, I think… Once the first draft is done, I will set it aside and allow it to ‘rest’ a bit while I work on articles.

I’ve got my goals and I’ve developed a detailed plan to make it happen. It is highly rewarding when you can cross off each accomplishment of the plan. Remember, it’s the journey to attaining the goal, more than the goal itself.

Have a great journey and a great year!

2 comments:

  1. Those are lofty goals indeed. If you find yourself getting discouraged along the way ( like that would ever happen) keep reaffirming as you go along, and allow yourself the opportunity to modify your own expectations of yourself. I like to think as long as I am staring more than quitting then I am moving forward. I am a consistent writer, but I have my down days.
    Nice site by the way..

    Brenda from PG (alias is emmarose)
    http://www.brendawrites.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love goals, Kathy! I don't always make them, but I usually talk myself into thinking those unmet goals weren't important, anyway :-)

    (And thanks so much for the comment about my poem over at Enchanted Conversation! I, too, have a daughter (22) who's kissed her fair share of frogs...takes after her mom!)

    ReplyDelete