Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bad Parent

As I was driving to work this morning, the radio morning program was broadcasting. This morning’s topic was on being a bad parent. Callers were sharing different stories or events that showed what they had done to earn the title of “Bad Parent”. I’m sorry. I don’t know about the rest of you who are parents, but we all do or say things that we wish we could take back. I certainly do not need to air my faults on national radio. Given that freedom of speech allows these things, I still had to turn the radio off. I guess my personal belief is that we have an opportunity to learn from our mistakes. If we recognize that we have done someone wrong, especially to our children or significant other, then we have a choice to not only make it up, but change our behavior so that we do not repeat ourselves. It is important to look at each day as a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment