Sunday, April 12, 2009

Fruit Seeds

Okay, so I really like uplifting or thought-provoking quotes. It probably has something to do with the fact that I like to analyze people, life, situations, anything. Personally, I feel it helps me understand why we react to things the way we do or to possibly look at making a positive choice to a potential circumstance. It has helped me a lot over the years.

Anyway, a Vietnamese quote I saw a couple of days ago says, “When eating a fruit, think of the person who planted the tree.” What a profound and far-reaching thought. To recognize and value the efforts of those who have a hand in the things that affect us – the food we eat, the clothes we wear, our transportation, our homes, everything. It is amazing to think of how many people are involved. I’m thinking about the little plastic Easter egg that we are filling with coins for our Grandson. Going backwards, from the store I bought it from, the sales person who put it on the shelf, the delivery person, the warehouse, the manufacturer, and all the people before that.

Think about what you do on a daily basis that makes a difference to other people. Whether we are at home, at work, in the community, we make a difference in other peoples lives. What more can we do to make a positive difference for those around us? There are lots of opportunities to plant seeds of goodness. What seeds can you plant today?

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment