Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Find Your Magic

I am a big Harry Potter fan. The books and movies are great entertainment for any age, and obviously I’m not the only one to think so. One of the things I have noticed is how the creative energies of not just J.K. Rowling, who wrote the books, but the creativity of the people who made the movies, connect for so many people. I re-read the books this last winter to see how closely the movies reflected the books. Now, I know movie-makers condense and edit the books into a working screenplay. What was interesting to me is how many changes they made that actually enhanced both the movie and the book. There were some changes I felt worked better in the movie than in the book, and conversely, things that should not have been left out of the movies.

What struck me as I worked my way through them is how we creatively look at things differently. I’ve mentioned before how important it is for us to explore our own personal creative genius and let it shine. The world may miss what we have to share that can make a difference. After all, there is magic in all of us!

Have you found your magic?

No comments:

Post a Comment