Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Most of us have had someone close to us pass away. Depending on the relationship is our reaction to that loss. Memorial Day is that special, designated day to remember those people who have impacted out lives, especially in a positive way.

For me, it was my Grandma Grant. She battled cancer the majority of her life, but despite the toll that awful disease took on her, she was a loving, Christian woman who cared deeply for those in her life. She was one of those women who made you feel special and glad to be in her presence. She was encouraging, guiding, and loving. Generous of heart and hands, she gave while rarely complaining. Was she a saint? No, probably not. Have I put her on a pedestal? Maybe. But, for me, she was that quintessential person I looked up to and try to emulate every day. It’s my hearts desire when I leave this earth, that I will be remembered for the same love, joy, and encouragement I gave to others.

What special memories do you have of people who have touched your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment