Sunday, May 3, 2009

Small Steps

For those of you following my posts, you know that I have been working on my writing, with the goal being eventual publication of my work. I know this doesn’t happen overnight, but requires consistent work at my craft. Much like a painter or sculptor, constant practice is required to perfect my style and adeptness. It requires taking small steps.

One of those small steps was to start this blog site, which gives me the opportunity to share with you a little of who I am. Another small step was to submit two of my stories to two different contests. I am cautiously optimistic and equally realistic. There are a lot of talented writers also submitting work to these contests. But, like this blog, I know without taking steps toward my goal, my goal will never manifest.

I also know the importance of believing in myself. That, too, required small steps. It certainly did, twenty years ago when I was in a bad marriage. Those small steps led me and my two young daughters into a much better life.

Remember, small steps are just that – one step at a time, taken in the direction that will bring the most positive results. One day at a time, or one moment at a time. Allow time. Believe in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment